Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Being a Fairy Godmother



I received an e-mail awhile back from someone named Jess who was inquiring about my Belle dresses.  She wanted to get one for her niece who was going on a Make A Wish trip to Disney World.  Her niece Cami is battling Leukemia.  She also gave me their Blog to look up and as soon as I opened up the page my heart skipped a beat.  I was in.  To see what that little girl and her family were going through made me appreciate my families good health ten fold, and I wanted to help make her feel extremely special.  So I told Jess I would help and to send me some measurements, the only thing I asked in return is to see a picture of Cami wearing the dress.  I was excited.  I started telling my exciting project news to friends and family and I kept getting offers for help, to buy the supplies, etc.  So really all I had to do was the work.

Later on Jess asked if I wanted to come and personally deliver it to Cami.  I told them that I wanted the experience to be all about their family and to tell her that her Fairy Godmother made it for her or something to that effect.  I met Cami's Grandma to deliver the dress and she thanked me with tears in her eyes.  It was an Amazing experience just to give back a little.

After their trip I got a sweet little thank you e-mail from Cami's Mom Chelsea and several pictures of Cami wearing it.  Yes, she looks absolutely adorable!!!

Here is a little of what she wrote to me....

I don't even know where to begin to thank you for making Cami her precious Belle dress. She told all of the princesses that her fairy godmother made it for her and she has has worn it almost every day since she got it. This dress was the center of attention at Magic Kingdom. We went to a princess lunch in the castle and all the other girls and moms went goo-goo over her GORGEOUS dress. It made Cami feel so special and this dress was just the icing on the cake for our amazing wish trip. I have tears in my eyes as I write this to you. I know how much time this dress must have taken you and thank you just doesn't seem like a big enough word to describe how I am feeling. I just hope you know how truly special you made Cami feel. She adores this dress and it will forever hold a special place in both our hearts.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Chelsea

Also, this is what Chelsea wrote on their blog.....

I have to tell about Cami's "fairy godmother". Her name is Suzie and she handmade this dress for Cami especially for her wish trip. The day before we left there was a beautiful package at our door and inside was this gorgeous dress and a special note from her fairy godmother! Cami felt so beautiful in it especially because every little girl and mom we saw was asking where she got it. Cami just replied "its from my fairy godmother, if you wish hard enough, you can get one too!"

If you are wishing hard enough for a dress like this, you are in luck because Suzie sells them here.

Thank you again Suzie, this dress is AMAZING!
Cami puts it on just to twirl at least once a day.

Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment